Thursday, July 24, 2014

[Singapore] Day 1 (24 July 2014) Marrison Bugis Hotel

Last Eid Al-fitr holiday, me and my family went to Singapore!
The last time I went there was 2004 (when SGD 6000 IDR!). At that time, I did not go anywhere except Bugis! Because at that time, I accompanied my grandmother to had surgery.

Before I went to Singapore, I felt so happy!
Because after a long time of waiting, finally I will go to country where the citizen can speak English! Before I always went to Asian country and nobody can speak English (that is why I am expert in body language)
However, I also felt so plain, because all of my friends, families, friends' friend, families' friend, friends' friends' friends have been to Singapore, and update all the picture with Singapore scenery. So mainstream.

Here we go!
I took the flight at 18.25 (Jakarta time), at that day, my flight delayed! So I arrived at around 23.00 (Singapore time)! Normally, I will arrived at around 21.00 (Singapore time)
After arrived, we bought the ez-link (Subway card in Singapore), and running to the subway because it was the last train from airport!

I really love subway in Singapore, because they directly go to the city with normal price. Some countries like Hong Kong and Australia, they have subway directly from airport to the city, but it is private funded, so the price is really expensive. Even Taiwan, does not have any subway to the city. (But I heard they will have in 2016)

We went to the hotel by subway. This was the wrong idea ever!
1. We did not know the location of the hotel (we know, but we cannot use google maps)
2. Because we did not have the internet
3. We bring 4 big luggage, one person one luggage, going around until met one 711, asked the cashier, and the cashier asked, "Are u Indonesian?" yes! and he is.
4. My mother start complaining why we did not use taxi.

FINALLY ARRIVED!
It was really close to Bugis Subway, but we went to the wrong direction. The right direction, after we exit from the subway, we must go to the left, but we go to the right, and go around whole block, stores, until arrive at the hotel (stupid! stupid! stupid!)
The major reason why I did not go to the left, because the hotel was in the corner, and you cannot see the existence of the hotel. There was  small road besides the hotel, and the subway station right in there.

Marrison Bugis Hotel
103 Beach Rd, Singapore 189704

I stayed 3 days in here.
I got toast box coupon because their restaurant still under reconstruction, so cannot provide any breakfast.

Next posts:
Singapore Day 2 (25 July 2014) Top 5 Shopping Place in Singapore
Singapore Day 3 (26 July 2014) Sentosa Island
Singapore Day 4 (27 July 2014) Marina Bay Sands
Singapore Day 5 (28 July 2014) Go home

No comments:

Post a Comment