Wednesday, September 27, 2017

[Malaysia] Batu Caves, Dark Caves, Bukit Bintang, Jalan Alor

Last Holiday, 23 June 2017, My family and I went to Malaysia. That was my first time to go to Malaysia. My first destination was Batu Caves. How to go to Batu Caves?

Batu Caves
Gombak, 68100 Batu Caves,
Selangor, Malaysia

I took the KTM Komuter train from KL Sentral station. Before that, you need to buy the ticket from the counter

just use the ticket to enter the KTM Komuter.

You will see the sign to go to Batu Caves (Platform 3-4) 

You need to go down (before, I was wrong, and went up, did not know where to go hahah)

You will wait several minutes before the train come. Make sure the destination is BATU CAVES.

I forgot how many minutes until arrived at BATU CAVES!

you just need to follow the way, and you will arrived at the entrance of batu caves. everything was free if im not mistaken.


the mango was so tempting, and it was so yummy!!

lots of indian food, and frankly speaking, I did not like it, it was like sweet but they put herbs inside. yucks!
 clueless road signs

YEY FINALLY ARRIVED AT THE FAMOUS ONE!

Batu Caves (Tamil: பத்து மலை) is a limestone hill that has a series of caves and cave temples in Gombak, Selangor, Malaysia. It takes its name from the Sungai Batu (Stone River), which flows past the hill. It is the tenth (Pattu in Tamil) limestone hill from Ampang. Batu Caves is also the name of a nearby village. The cave is one of the most popular Hindu shrines outside India, and is dedicated to Lord Murugan. It is the focal point of Hindu festival of Thaipusam in Malaysia. Batu Caves in short also referred as 10th Caves or Hill for Lord Muruga as there are six important holy shrines in India and four more in Malaysia. The three others in Malaysia are Kallumalai Temple in Ipoh, Tanneermalai Temple in Penang and Sannasimalai Temple in Malacca. (source)

I was so excited to go up because I know there is a famous dark cave!
actually this cave is under reconstruction, so if you have a plan to go up, there will be someone offer you to bring one or two bricks up. They believe your bad luck will go away if you help them to bring that bricks up.

believe me, it was so scary to look down.......

welcome to dark cave! wait... stairs again!? ......


review about dark cave:
1. you need to pay for the tour
2. the tour is around one hour
3. they will bring you inside the cave and see some creatures (there is biggest spider they said)
4. I read some review about the tour, and some reviews said there was nothing inside, only picture.
5. so i decided to not join the tour

I went down and took some photos with the birds:


there was a small pond near the bird

YEY I GOT THIS on my way back to the city!

I continued to Bukit Bintang, and I got confused.
I caught the train from KL Sentral, I transferred in Masjid Jamek station, and I continued to Hang Tuah to change the train to go to Bukit Bintang, and I was wrong! I just realized that train in Hang Tuah is monorail line, and cannot go to Bukit Bintang (is it? hmm actually I forget about my mistake on that day, after that mistake, I just walked from two station before Bukit Bintang. I tried to get Grab, but she cancelled my order!! OMG! So we decided to walk!)

in the middle of journey:

it's crispy fish cake! and bakwan (vegetable fritter snack)

Finally we arrived at lot 10! We were soo sooo hungry!! and there was one place, all Hongkong Foods were here!!



let's shopping! There were lots of ISETAN.. Setan in my language means devil.. it's like I'm devil hahaha

Vincci everywhere OMG!

NO! WE ARE NOT TIRED HAHAHA:

ups! night already!

let's go to jalan alor! the famous street for night market in KL!





it was grilled lamb, and the man who chopped it, is Indonesian! haha

We were so tired after eating and walking through the day, and we used taxi to go back to our hotel.
be careful, taxi in KL was little bit rude. some of them did not want to use metered taxi, so they will just offer the really expensive fee! just bargain if you feel it doesnt make any sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment